Early Access Patch Notes: Jan 24, 2019
Before we dig into the patch notes and downtime announcement, all of us at QC Games would like to thank all of you that have joined us for this journey so far with Breach. We've seen some amazing clips, some great screenshots, and heard some really fantastic stories from all of you along the way as you level up and explore the game more during Steam Early Access. We've also been reading and responding to a lot of feedback over the past week, and taking it all in and adjusting plans as we process forward with not only adding new content to the game (see the roadmap here), but also fixing quality of life issues and more. It's only been a week, and our team is working to tackle some of the more upfront quality of life improvements, as well as highly requested additions.
Here's our timing for the upcoming downtime, and a handy countdown clock for those of you in various timezones across the world.
- Servers Locked: Thursday, Jan 24th at 8 AM Central
- Service Downtime: Approximately 1 hour
One note about this downtime is that we are still figuring out when the best time to perform weekly maintenance will be (yes, we are planning to do this weekly), as we continue to observe the ebb and flow of our population around the world, while also allowing our team proper time to get in all those fixes and additions we're planning on as per our Early Access roadmap.
Let's also talk about a few core topics that we've seen from direct player feedback so far:
- Hero / VD only queue: We are aware of the community asking for us to enable this option, and we are working hard towards completing it. It is a top priority feature.
- Gold Rewards in-game: As this first week of Early Access comes to a close, we are continuing to observe the overall economy and rewards structure, and how players are moving through our progression systems, along with how it feels to the community at large, both with boosts on and without. On Friday we will be increasing both the Co-op vs Player bonus from 100% to 150% and the Boost bonus from 100% to 150%. Also, in the coming weeks we will be lowering the gold cost of some classes. This change will coincide with the release of our first new class.
- General Optimization and More Options: Optimization will be a consistent goal throughout Early Access as Breach continues and grows. We also plan to add more video options to customize for your individual PC in the future. This also includes additional re-binding options.
With that covered, let's take a look at the items we're correcting with this first Early Access patch, and our updated Known Issues list.
- Fixed an issue where the Match Bonus Display will now be updated properly for Co-op vs. Player section after being completed.
- Fixed an issue where the UI did not update for the "First Win of the Day" bonus.
- Fixed an issue with Engineer's Ultimate when not enough damage is dealt inside the Kinetic Absorption Field
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes display double the amount of gold they had obtained in the UI, instead of their actual amount.
- Players will now be informed that their Steam Overlay needs to be enabled when attempting to purchase QC Points in-game, instead of getting stuck in a loop.
- Added options in Controls setting to adjust both Horizontal and Vertical sensitivity for mouse and controller.
- Added additional fixes for players running into a "Not Authorized" login state.
- Veil Demon rewards for quick wins are currently not awarding an appropriate amount of Gold and XP
- Veil Demon max alive breach caps and cool down rate tuning in progress (ie Grael Cage).
- The Free Class Rotation is displaying incorrectly in-game, but functioning properly. Currently, this updates every Wednesday at 12:01 AM Central time.
- Bonus AoE Damage gems do not work with some abilities. For examples: Cerberus Inferno, Sacrifice, Vortex Slug, Shards of Cerberus, Cerberus Core.
- Frenzied Shambler is not affected by some Red and Blue gems.
- Attack clip 50% increase talent does not work on hedge classes.
- Demon Hunter Ultimate, Siphoning Skull, stun effect sometimes does not persist for the entire duration.
- The overhead vfx indicator showing when a player is the target of the Satyr Lich's Deathtouch sometimes does not appear, resulting in sudden spike damage without warning.
- You currently cannot purchase 2 of the same type of gem.
- Custom controller bindings may not persist in Options.
- Some Prismatic gems balance values are in progress.
- Kikimora Fiend's abilities balance values are in progress.
- Pain Conduit and Translocate's skilled play bonuses health threshold requirement is lower than intended.
- Players may get caught in a longer load screen than expected when starting a match, and can hear a match starting in the background. This cannot be fixed by reconnecting, but the player will eventually connect within a few minutes.
- The Veil Demon model can sometimes appear to throw itself out of the world upon possession.
- The Veil Demon can sometimes lose all collision after reconnecting to a game.
- Some abilities are not tracking their score correctly on the in mission stat board, resulting in displaying lower than actual stat numbers. So if you don't have the highest damage number on the board, just let them know it must be a bug.
- Equipping Rapid Fire Clip on another class or slots prevents it from recharging